PLMA Recognizes Leading Energy Utility Industry Load Management InitiativesPosted for PLMA (Peak Load Management Alliance)
- Apr 18, 2019 1:38 am GMT
- 823 views
PLMA (Peak Load Management Alliance) announced eight winners of its 16th PLMA Awards. The Awards will be presented during the 39th PLMA Conference in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Those recognized as the best demand response and other load management programs, initiatives and achievements from calendar year 2018 are:
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company and Olivine for Excess Supply Demand Response Program
- Portland General Electric and Enbala for Distributed Flexibility at Scale
- Indiana Michigan Power and Tendril for Residential Integrated Demand Side Management Approach
- Bonneville Power Administration, Portland General Electric, and Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance for Water Heater Communications
- Rocky Mountain Power for Frequency Dispatch
- Viking Cold Solutions for Using Thermal Energy Storage as a Grid Asset
- Efficiency Vermont, Green Mountain Power, and Dynamic Organics for Flexible Load Management
- Eversource Energy for Commercial & Industrial Active-Demand Management Demonstration
Details about these initiatives are available at www.peakload.org/awards .
The 16th PLMA Awards recognize industry leaders who created, during calendar year 2018, innovative ideas, methods, programs and technologies that manage end use loads to meet peak load needs and support successful grid integration of distributed energy resources. Over the past 15 years, PLMA has presented over 74 awards to recipients who have included utilities, product/service providers, end-users, and individuals responsible for demand response efforts targeted to the residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural customer markets.
PLMA (Peak Load Management Alliance) is a non-profit association founded in 1999 that serves over 150 member organizations as the Voice of Load Management Practitioners. PLMA seeks to advance practical applications of dynamic load management and distributed energy resources by providing a forum where members educate each other, and explore innovative approaches to program delivery, pricing constructs, and technology adoption. Learn more at www.peakload.org.