ScottMadden's Energy Industry Update – Generation to Generation: An Energy Evolution
This free on-demand webcast will be based on ScottMadden's latest Energy Industry Update: Generation to Generation: An Energy Evolution, a semi-annual publication featuring inside views of recent significant events, emerging trends, and original analysis that is received by more than 10,000 industry leaders.
Our complimentary on-demand webcast will provide you with the insights and knowhow to navigate today’s complex, ever-changing industry. This is a great opportunity to take a step back and consider what is happening, what it means, and where our industry is headed.
During this session, ScottMadden’s energy experts will share their views and field questions related to changes to and potential solutions for FERC-regulated wholesale markets, the future of utility solar, and grid investment.
Competition at the Crossroads: What is Going on with Wholesale Electricity Markets?
Plants are closing and their owners say the market is flawed, or worse. The FERC is looking into price formation. A lot is being said about wholesale electricity markets, but what is really going on here. Key questions will include:
- What are the central issues challenging wholesale markets today?
- Why are these things problems?
- What is happening now and how did we get here?
- How are stakeholders working to address these issues?
Solar Trifecta: A Pathway to Smart Utility-Scale Solar
Utility-scale solar has become an important and growing part of the electric generation portfolio in the Unites States. However, operational challenges are becoming evident in markets with high penetrations of existing or “traditional” utility-scale solar. While pairing with natural gas is often cited as a solution, utility-scale solar could be operated in smarter manner to address many of these issues. Key topics will include:
- How would “smart” utility-scale solar differ from “traditional” utility-scale solar?
- What are three pillars of the solar trifecta? How would they advance smart utility-scale solar?
- What are the key signposts and milestones to monitor?
Grid Investment: Not the Same Old Wires
We continue to see significant investment in transmission and distribution but the drivers of these investments are changing as renewables and distributed energy resources change the supply mix. Returns on equity for transmission are approaching those for distribution. Key questions will include:
- What are the drivers of transmission investment today? How have they changed?
- What does the focus on grid modernization mean?
- How are returns on equity going to impact investment decisions?
Additionally, all registered attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the latest Energy Industry Update.
Moderator and Panelist:
Partner and Energy Practice Leader
Partner and Grid Transformation Practice Leader
Clean Tech Manager
Principal Author of the Energy Industry Update:
Partner and Energy, Clean Tech, and Sustainability Research Leader
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.