- November 15, 2017
- 437 views
IHI Power Services Corp. is seeking an O&M Compliance Manager in Chowchilla, California. This position ensures the plant remains in compliance with all applicable environmental, safety, NERC standards, regulations, and permits. Apply today.
A key member of plant management staff and a key contributor to the Corporate Compliance Staff. Ensures the plant remains in compliance with all applicable environmental, safety, NERC standards, regulations, and permits. Performs day to day compliance task and activities. Provides technical support to assist in monitoring, identifying and providing practical, cost effective solutions for plant compliance problems. Oversees development and installation of new emission control technology and evaluation of plant performance including but not limited to plant to adhere to new regulations and/or requirements. Identifies opportunities to increase plant profitability through industry best management practices. Maintains a proactive view of existing and proposed regulatory and legislative changes and positions or adjusts the management strategy accordingly.
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day Environmental, Safety and NERC Compliance Programs.
- Performs day to day compliance tasks, including monitoring, reporting, recordkeeping, and training.
- Perform permit and regulatory review as necessary.
- Identify plant non-compliance problems and work to improve plant compliance status.
- Collect, analyze, and correlate environmental, safety, and NERC data to maintain and improve plant performance, reliability and compliance status.
- Prepares Compliance annual budgets and update as necessary as requirements change.
- Assist in the evaluation of equipment failures that result in non-compliance or safety events.
- Develop procedures as necessary for compliance.
- Establish and maintain open respectful relationships with the plant staff, contractors, Corporate Compliance Department, laboratories, and relevant regulatory agencies.
- During extraordinary circumstances including plant outage, trips and other heavy personnel demands, may be required to work shifts, supervise contractors and other company personnel.
- Mobility as required to meet job demands for contract monitoring purposes and program quality control.
- Foster an environment that encourages superior Safety Awareness and Environmental Stewardship through the implementation and support of the Safety Management System and Environmental Management Systems.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Undergraduate bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental, or equivalent combination technical and business experience in the power generation industry.
- Must have a broad understanding of compliance, business, plant operational issues and well developed budgeting, reporting, monitoring skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Regulatory / Compliance
- Utility/IPP, Business/Technical/Administrative/Regulatory
- Project Management Practices
- Power Plant Operations and Processes
- Must possess basic math skills, good verbal communications skills, and be proficient with the use of power and precision tools.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer hardware and applicable software use, including spread sheets and data bases.
- Ability to solve problems, analyzes / compiles data, and evaluates regulatory requirements.
- Multi-task, self organized, self motivated, self directed, goal oriented, results focused, and team oriented.
- Strong negotiation skills, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and behavior using tact and diplomacy.
- Able to perform physical requirements of the position including climbing ladders, stairs, and must be able to perform comprehensive site inspections.
- Must be cooperative with those he/she contacts in this work and have the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must know the hazards involved and the safety precautions to be practiced in the operation and maintenance of power plant equipment and machinery.
- Work within and insure strict adherence to all safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to respond to audio alarms and variations of sound.
- Basic data entry/computer skills
- Work as a team. Must be able to pool our knowledge and energy to work in tandem to completely understand and productively respond to all of the business challenges.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Protective equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection and other equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties. Work with hazardous materials may be required.
- Requires working 12 hour shifts with weekend and holiday work as required by schedules, workload and plant conditions. On call status (day and night) may be required.
- Includes working indoors and outdoors.
Physical Abilities that is commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to work on feet for extensive periods, requiring stair and ladder climbing, and routinely lifting 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in elevated areas, confined spaces and in extreme heat and cold conditions.
IHI Power Services Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants must apply online at www.IHIPower.com