Call for Abstracts open for AESP Summer ConferencePosted for AESP
- March 4, 2019
- 354 views
AESP Summer Conference 2019
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts due April 8, 2019, 11:59pm Eastern Time
Conference Dates: August 26-29, 2019
Location: Sheraton Centre Toronto, Toronto, ON
August 26: Pre-conference Training Courses
August 27: Pre-conference Training Courses, UtilitiesConnect and Opening Reception
August 28: Conference Sessions and Evening Reception
August 29: Conference Sessions
AESP’s 2019 Summer Conference will focus on design, implementation and the evolving utility business model. AESP invites abstracts for speaker sessions, panel discussions and custom formats for its annual Summer Conference & Expo. The program committee looks forward to reviewing new abstracts that have not been presented before and ones that showcase the latest thinking, best practices and trends impacting the industry.
Implementation sessions will focus on innovative program implementation strategies and approaches that are enabling integration between utility departments and energy disciplines as well as utility collaborations. The Evolving Business Models sessions will explore opportunities and challenges in this changing energy environment. Both tracks will provide attendees the opportunity to learn, develop professionally and make connections. The guidelines below will help increase your chances of being accepted.
- Explain in your abstract how you will include an interactive element in your presentation
- A minimum of three actionable key takeaways must be included in your abstract
- Abstracts that appear to be selling a product or service will not be accepted
- AESP doesn’t limit the number of abstracts submitted by a company, however the program planning committee limits each company to two accepted speakers to ensure a wide representation of companies and perspectives
The Summer Conference will provide content on Program Design, Implementation and Evolving Business Models. Topics of interest are listed below:
Program Design and Implementation
- DSM/CDM Programs without Incentives
- Using Data with Program Design: Actionable Intelligence
- EE and DR Program Design. What’s Next?
- Pay for Performance Programs
- Beneficial Electrification
Evolving Business Models
- DSM/CDM and Uncertainty
- Policy impacting DSM
- DSM/CDM as a Capacity Resource
- Customer Emerging Expectations
- Innovative partnerships/collaborations
- Intersection between carbon reduction and traditional DSM/CDM programs
* Please do not submit an abstract until you have received travel approval and confirmed that the speaker is approved to attend.
The Following Session Formats are featured at AESP Conferences:
Speaker Sessions: 15-20-minute presentations as part of a moderated session. The session will include up to 4 other presentations based on similar themes and its presenters will be selected by AESP and the AESP Summer Planning Committee. All presentations must provide clear takeaways that are summarized in the abstract. PowerPoints not submitted by published deadlines will be removed from the agenda and the author will be replaced.
Click here to view a sample paper abstract.
Panel Sessions : Abstracts may be submitted for panel sessions with original content, where the moderator and panelist are confirmed. If accepted, the moderator and panelists may select to use short presentations or another custom format to facilitate discussion. Panel discussions should foster and stimulate discussion and debate between the panel and the audience. The panel and its moderator must be skilled at developing discussion points and eliciting feedback from the audience.
Click here to view a sample panel abstract.
Custom: AESP welcomes abstracts for other innovative customized sessions. Previous submissions have included interactive roundtables, thought leader sessions, rapid fire sessions, professional development sessions, etc. Custom abstracts must provide detailed information on content, number of speakers, format and how the session will be conducted.
Click here to view a sample interactive roundtable abstract.
The AESP Program Planning Committee reserves the right to:
- Build unique panel, paper or rapid-fire sessions based on ideas presented in abstracts for panel and/or speaker sessions. For example, an idea for a speaker session may be moved into a panel on the same subject. An idea presented in an abstract for a panel may be moved into a speaker or rapid-fire session. Authors will be given an opportunity to accept or reject the reconfiguration of their abstract.
- Accept a limited number of abstracts from the same organization/speaker. The program committee’s goal is to provide a diversity of opinions, speakers and organizations on the program agenda. Authors/organizations are encouraged to send in more than one abstract for consideration.
- Reserve session slots for hot topics, late-breaking industry news, and/or invited speakers.
All presenters must have superior presentation skills. View presentation tips here.
All presenters will be required to use an AESP template for PowerPoint slides.
All speakers identified in abstracts must state their availability to travel and present prior to abstract submittal. US attendees need valid travel documents.