Energy: a new strategic outlook (Brazil)
- January 21, 2019
- 322 views
Energy: a new strategic outlook
Tradition in Brazil is: managers and operation guys capturing opportunities brought to their attention by potential suppliers. Classic examples:
- Power traders suggesting deregulated options
- Energy management system vendors indicating telemetry
- Gas distributors recommending the replacement of processes involving electric energy
- Lamp manufacturers proposing a retrofit by installing more efficient lighting
- Sellers of electric motor drive systems showing the advantage of replacing mechanical speed control
- Entrepreneurs stimulating solar generation to reduce the consumption of electric energy from the public grid
- Manufacturers of gensets recommending onsite on-peak power production
But... how to put these "offers" (and others) into perspective?
- What makes sense?
- How to find out?
- What results should be achieved and maintained?
- How to objectively rank solutions?
- Who in the organization should take responsibility for this undertaking?
These and other important issues need to be put on a strategic plan, so that they make "business" sense. Times have changed! Instead of receiving suggestions from interested parties, it is now about proactively finding out the opportunities that are of interest and convenience.
If you wish to explore this new approach, please contact me at mobile/WhatsApp 55 11 99986 5563 or email@example.com