Do we need Optimization tools in Power System ?
Power system Optimization Course in GAMS
- January 8, 2019
- 354 views
The complex structure of electric power systems as the largest human-built machine justifies the need for an efficient and robust computation tool to conduct in-depth analysis.
The decision making is necessary for every power system operation and planning problem.
The mathematical tools have been developed for dealing with such problems, especially in large-scale data sets.
Some examples are as follows:
- Economic dispatch problem for thermal generating units
- Dynamic Economic dispatch problem for thermal generating units and renewable technologies
- The sophisticated Unit commitment problem
- Optimal DC/AC power flow
- The energy storage system in power system operation and planning
- Power system observability is enhanced using PMU technology
- Transmission network operation and planning
- Energy system integration