Top Utility Business Voice for 2018 – Erfan Ibrahim
Approved to Use
- Mar 6, 2019 10:45 pm GMT
- 660 views
Every week thought leaders, working in the power industry, dedicate their time and resources to contribute their insights with the Energy Central Communities.
So, who stood out in 2018 and who should you be reading?
Over the next several weeks we will be introducing you to some of these leaders and their top contributions. We hope you will take a minute to learn a little about them, read a few of their shared insights and perhaps start a discussion through commenting on their post.
Please meet Erfan Ibrahim, one of our top voices for the Utility Business Community in 2018:
- Top post from 2018:
- Other Posts from 2018
A little bit about Erfan:
What you like to write about?
I enjoy writing about the nexus between energy, security and economic prosperity
Post or posts you are most proud of?
There are several posts I am proud of. Here are some of the titles that come to mind:
- 4-layer cybersecurity – March 28, 2018
- TCP/IP cybersecurity pros and cons – April 8, 2018
- A holistic approach to cybersecurity – April 11, 2018
- The value of cyber governance assessments – April 13, 2018
- The ignored true nightmare scenario in the energy sector – April 30, 2018
- Complexity is not a through street for cybersecurity – May 15, 2018
- Nothing remotely sustainable about wind and solar – June 8, 2018
- Ethical issues with renewable energy waste – June 14, 2018
- Renewable energy – the hype and the reality – June 15, 2018
- The shifting winds in academia from physical science to data science – July 8, 2018
- The 10 requirements for a scalable and sustainable global electricity generation model – July 10, 2018
- The vision for a self-sufficient smart community for a sustainable planet – July 11, 2018
- Three possible candidate designs for smart community small modular nuclear reactors – July 13, 2018
- The economics of a smart community – July 18, 2018
- A rethink of how we work, travel and eat in the 21st century – July 26, 2018
- Accommodating the 7.6 billion people on earth in a sustainable planet – July 28, 2018
When do you do your best writing?
There is no specific time of day. Ideas come to me during my waking hours and I try to find the first opportunity to write them down while they are fresh in my mind. I am an inspiration-based writer.
How do you measure success?
I measure success by the impact my actions have on humanity at large and the world I live in. Money is simply a tool to create opportunities for impact and not the essence of success for me. The ability to think, articulate and act beyond my immediate needs is my measure of success.
One thing most readers may not know about you?
I am as deeply passionate about the arts and humanities as I am about science and technology. I am also very intrigued by human psychology and curious about what motivates people to act in certain ways.
Best book you read in 2018?
The 22 immutable laws of marketing by Al Ries and Jack Trout – Harper Collins Publishers
Important stories to watch for in 2019?
The fast tracking of small modular nuclear reactor implementation to reduce carbon beyond the renewable energy forecasts