Overheard at Energy Central's Mobile Utility Summit 2016
- September 27, 2016
- 788 views
Some of our favorite quotes from the conference on utility mobility being held this week in Denver. Get insights from Duke, JEA, ConEdison, ComEd and more.
Duke Energy's John Mitchell:
- "There's no road map to change your culture."
- "We held a memorial service for the clipboard once we rolled out this new mobile app for field workers."
- "Agile methodology gives you opportunities to change at each step in the process."
- "What's the simplest thing that just might work? That's your minimal viable product. Roll with it."
JEA's Jose De Jesus:
- "If your website isn't responsive, it's going to die."
- "If my bank lets me deposit a check with a picture, why can't utility customers pay with a pic of a check?"
- "Humans are lazy. With #mobile, keep it simple."
ChaiOne's Jared Huke:
- "Applications are great, but applications that work together: fantastic."
- "If you don't know your mobile users, you will run into trouble."
Commonwealth Edison's Kim Friebel:
- "Everything a utility does these days should be mobile."
- "Remember that customers would rather text than call you."
Con Edison's Eric Mastroianni & Stephen Doherty:
- "Don't assume you know what a mobile customer wants, Ask them. Build it. And then ask again."
Scott Kartvedt, former Blue Angel pilot:
- 7 key planning elements: align the planning team across the silo, define your goals, identify the resources, identify the challenges, evaluate lessons learned, plan actions and milestones, think about contingencies.
IDC's Kevin Prouty:
- "Utilities have to transform themselves. That's a given."
- "The new utility world cannot happen without IoT & mobility."
Powerley's Manoj Kumar:
- "How do you delight the utility customer with mobile?"
- "With mobile, are you keeping business value and user value in balance?"
More from the Summit: