Welcome to The NEW Energy Collective! What's new, FAQ's and how you can contribute to the group!
- Posted on July 25, 2018
- 1183 views
Welcome to The NEW Energy Collective. This post will serve as a guide to help you navigate the new platform. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your community team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All ‘The Energy Collective’ articles and authors you’ve enjoyed for years are now part of the ‘The Energy Collective Network’ on the Energy Central Power Industry Network.
Here, you will find:
- The Energy Collective Group - This group is akin to the old TEC ‘Homepage’. It contains all previous articles that were shared on The Energy Collective. It will also have any new content that is shared with this group.
- Oil & Gas Group – This is a new group for all oil and gas related articles and interested professionals.
- Coming Soon –We will be adding channels from The Energy Collective historical site.
What is the difference between a Network, Group and Channel on Energy Central:
- Network – A network is a roll up stream of groups and channels containing related topics. Soon, members will be able to subscribe to a network. As a subscriber you will be signed up for a weekly newsletter that highlights the top posts from the subsidiary groups and channels.
- Group- A group is a community where you can share, learn and connected in a collaborative environment. Some groups have their own newsletters which are delivered to all members. Not interested? You can update your subscription preferences at any time. In a group you can:
- Tap into our network of experts or ask other members for help by using the Q&A feature.
- Participate in discussions by commenting on others posts.
- Share your own insights through posts, shared links or resources.
- Just read and enjoy what others have to say.
- Channel – A channel contains select posts from a group or individual who write about specific topics on a regular basis. While you cannot join or post to a channel, you can read insights shared by the contributors and comment on their posts.
The Energy Collective Weekly and Daily Newsletters:
- Subscribers to The Energy Collective Weekly Newsletter - you will start receiving your subscription again this week.
- Subscribers to The Energy Collective Daily – This newsletter will be re-launched in the next few weeks.
- Not a subscriber but want to be? Subscription to The Energy Collective Weekly Newsletter is now open. Follow this link to subscribe: https://www.energycentral.com/member/newsletters
Previous contributors of The Energy Collective have had their profiles and all previous content ported to The Energy Collective Group. Please note: if you were a previous contributor, you have been auto joined to this group and may post future content to the group at any time. You may also join other groups, like the Oil and Gas Group and post to those as well. See below for some FAQ’s that may help you navigate all the changes.
Your Member Profile:
- Updating your Profile: All profiles were brought over to the new site. However, we were only able to match data with fields that were collected on the TEC site. Please take a minute to log-in and update any missing fields. This will help with your content approval processes in the future!
- Logging into your profile:
- Page Views under your profile: The page views that your article accumulated on The Energy Collective were not recorded and therefore we were unable provide that information on the new site. Going forward, any new posts that are added or if the posts that we brought over are viewed on the new platform, those views will be recorded.
- Two Profiles now showing on our site: If you notice that you have two profiles on our site, this may be because you had a profile on Energy Central or The Energy Collective that used different email addresses. To have this fixed please email us at email@example.com.
If you contributed on The Energy Collective, all your content should show under your profile. Please see below for some special notes:
- Images: Most images in your articles from The Energy Collective have been imported along with your article. Please give us a couple more weeks to fix all images before you make any changes to your post(s). See below:
- Some images did not port over correctly and we are working on fixing these.
- Some images on the old site were "broken" and they will remain "broken" on the new site. If this is the case – you may go in and edit these, but again wait a couple weeks!
- Embedded Videos: Videos embedded in articles on The Energy Collective did not import correctly. We are manually updating any article that had an embedded video. If you find a white block on one of your articles showing the word “iframe”, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add it to the list of videos to fix.
- Content that was posted to a channel on The Energy Collective: If your content was featured in a channel on The Energy Collective, you will be contacted, in the next couple weeks, by our Content & Community team to see if you want to continue to contribute to a featured channel.
- RSS feeds: If your content was added to The Energy Collective through syndication (RSS feed), that content will be imported over in the next few days.
- Comments on your content on The Energy Collective: We are still in the process of pulling over all the comments that were shared on your post. This should be completed in the next couple weeks.
- Links on your posts: You may notice that some or all of your links are not working on your old posts. This is because we have not re-directed the full website over to Energy Central yet. Once this is done links should be fixed. You will not need to fix these.
Posting New Content to the site:
- Log-in and navigate to the home page or to the community group which you wish to post to and click on the top box that says “start a post…”
- Then follow the steps to create your post.
- During the process – select the “post for me option” – below this option is a list of community groups in which you are a member. The Energy Collective group should show on your list.
- If you want to post to other groups on Energy Central, you can select one of those groups from the other list of groups. This will allow you to join and post to a group all in one step.
- Follow the rest of the prompts and post your content.
- All content will go through an approval process. We approve content within one business day of the submittal.
- Pre-approved to post content and bypassing the approval process. Once we see that your content is suited for our site and membership, we may choose to change your status to pre-approved. This will allow you to post at any time without going through the content approval process. In order for us to do this, your profile will need to be updated (see above). You will be notified once this happens.
- All content contributors receive a Weekly Content Contributor Update email that provides you with stats to your most recent posted content. You may change your subscription to this at any time.
- Your content must be appropriate for professionals working in the energy industry. If it is targeted towards consumers it will not be approved.
- Press releases for utilities may be posted or shared. Vendor press releases are considered promotional. If you would like to promote a press release and you are a vendor, you can contact our client services team for package options at email@example.com.
- You may work for a vendor and have valuable insights to share with the community. You will be allowed to do so if your content is not promotional. You can mention your company’s name, but you can’t promote a product or service.
Highly commercial, promotional or advertising content will not be approved.
I look forward to seeing you in the network and working with you. If you have any issues or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to your community team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audra C Drazga
VP of the Power Industry Network