Update on The New Energy Collective Site!
- Posted on August 20, 2018
- 6417 views
Energy Collective Members and Contributors,
I wanted to share an update regarding the transition of The Energy Collective (TEC) site. However, I first want to apologize that the transition process is taking longer than expected.
To give you a little background. Several months ago, shortly after Energy Central purchased TEC, the website started having issues – timing out or not opening at all. While we tried to work through the issue, the site progressively got worse. Therefore, we made a call to transition the site over to the Energy Central platform. This took place while we were also in the middle of major development updates on Energy Central. Double whammy. To add to the complexities we have since discovered that the issues with the TEC site were due to it being hacked. This ‘forced outage’ triggered Google ‘forgetting’ much of the TEC content, adding more complexities.
We are diligently working through all of the issues and I thought I would share an update of our achievements and what's coming soon:
Up and Running:
- The Energy Collective site has been re-directed to The Energy Collective Network on Energy Central.
- The daily RSS TEC updates are up and running. If you were signed up for these, you should be receiving them again.
- The weekly TEC newsletter has been updated and even given a new look. This newsletter is delivered every Thursday. If you are not signed up for this newsletter, you can do so by following this link. The newsletter is called “The Energy Collective Network Weekly”
- We have ported over all the contributor profiles and their content– this includes all posts and comments found on TEC.
- New commenting features have been added allowing for similar commenting used on TEC.
- NEW Feature: We now have commenting updates to notify authors when someone has commented on their post. These are distributed daily.
- We are working through the google re-indexing issue – this is currently our top project!
- Incoming RSS feeds – there were several RSS feeds that fed into the TEC site. These will soon be added back.
- Channels – some of the channels that were on TEC will be coming back shortly.
- NEW to TEC - Site enhancements – as I mentioned above Energy Central is in the middle of several development improvements. We are adding new features almost every day.
For Contributors: Ways we are making sure your content reaches the industry:
- Content posted on the TEC site is distributed in the TEC daily and the TEC Weekly Network Newsletter - reaching over 9,000 subscribers!
- We cross post all articles on our social channels – LI, Google+, Twitter, and Facebook.
- All content posted in the TEC groups stream to the EC home page, which is one of our top visited pages on the site.
- Coming soon – Articles that run in The Energy Collective will start appearing in a section of our Energy Pulse Weekly Newsletter - distributed to over 60,000 professionals in the industry.
I believe the content and conversations that take place on TEC are valuable and help the industry. Our goal is to help continue those conversations and perhaps even add to it! I ask that you hang in there with us as we work through this transition!
Please feel free to contact me if you need any help or have any questions.
Audra C Drazga
VP of the Power Industry Network.