New Poll Finds 73 Percent of Voters Support Crucial Tax Policy for Wind Energy
- Nov 29, 2014 5:00 am GMT
- 391 views
A new poll found that wide majorities of Republicans, Democrats and Independents support keeping the renewable energy Production Tax Credit, the key federal policy support mechanism for wind energy.
The Gotham Research Group poll found 73 percent of registered voters support continuing the Production Tax Credit (PTC), including 63 percent of registered Republicans, 74 percent of Independents, and over 71 percent overall in all regions of the country.
So here’s who you have on the side of the PTC:
- Hundreds of U.S. businesses who know that wind energy is a smart economic choice
- Farmers who know that wind energy can help landowners get by
- Steelworkers and other manufacturing workers who know that wind energy provides high-paying jobs for Americans
- Major conservation and environmental groups who know that clean wind energy avoids pollution that harms humans and wildlife
- And 73 percent of American voters with widespread support across party lines and across the country