Schneider Weather Solutions
Weather, particularly severe weather, can substantially impact your operations.
Lightning strikes substations, wind topples branches, ice snaps lines, and hurricanes can be catastrophic. All of these weather conditions can leave thousands without power. In addition, more than any other factor, weather drives demand and price.
Schneider Electric's weather solutions deliver reliable and accurate weather forecasts to help utilities:
- Improve grid stability through better load and generation forecasting
- Reliable load forecast data feeds fueled by the top-rated temperature forecasts in the industry
- Specialized wind and solar power forecasts available for utilities to better optimize usage of renewable energy sources
Better anticipate potential outages due to severe weather, reduce service interruptions, and better schedule crews:
- Help pre-position crews for optimal post-storm response to outages
- Make more informed mutual assistance decisions
- Reduce outage duration and revenue loss, while improving customer satisfaction
- Power your load forecasting engine with the top-rated temperature forecasts in the industry
- Customizable weather alerts, so you can easily stay on top of changing conditions at your exact location
- Online consultations with professional meteorologists, providing you answers to your weather questions within minutes, day or night
- Critical weather information and alerts available anywhere - via personal computer, tablet, or smartphone device