Now accepting applications - Regional Fuel Manager (Procurement Forester) in Aliso Viejo, California | EnergyCentralJobs
IHI Power Services Corp. is not accepting applications for a Regional Fuel Manager (Procurement Forester) in Aliso Viejo, California. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the overall HHZ fuel strategy across several IHI regional Power Plants. Apply now.
Reports To Director of Operations, Western Region
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
A key member of the Regional management staff reporting to the Director of Operations, Western Region. Must be a Licensed Forester and will be responsible for the preparation and communication of a regional high hazard fuel (HHZ) strategy plan, coordination of HHZ fuel projects between three biomass power plants in central and northern California, and providing guidance to three existing fuel managers that report to their respective plant managers. This position compliments the knowledge and skill set of the existing fuel managers specifically adding extensive knowledge and experience of the USFS sales/bidding and management process, logging processes and costs. Direct knowledge and experience in managing all types of in forest fuel procurement will be a plus.
Position requires experience in the full scope of USFS fuel procurement including short and long-term plant and regional supply strategy development, contract development, and supplier negotiations. Detailed knowledge in bid submittals, HHZ fuel pricing, managing both cost and supply required. Provides HHZ Fuel Procurement support for regional plants and works closely with IHI’s California Fuel Procurement Group. Builds, maintains and manages supplier relationships. Maintains a proactive view of actual and proposed legislative changes and proactively adjusts the HHZ fuel procurement strategy accordingly.
Responsible for the development and implementation of the overall HHZ fuel strategy across several IHI regional Power Plants
- Tracks and implements applicable grants to help reduce the cost of HHZ fuel including educating and aiding suppliers on grant applicability and implementation.
- Stay up to date on political issues related to HHZ fuel and keeps Management informed
- Fosters and actively participates in an environment that encourages superior Safety awareness and Environmental Stewardship through the implementation and support of the Safety Management System, Environmental Management Systems, and Fuel Legitimacy Criteria Program.
- Responsible for planning HHZ fuel sources, procurement requirements and inventory planning consistent with the performance requirements of the plants.
- Works closely with each of the existing Fuel Managers who will maintain invoice approvals.
- Manages and maintains overall company relations related to the HHZ fuel supply including but not limited to government suppliers, general suppliers, transportation, plant and corporate management, and regulatory agencies.
- Manages HHZ fuel suppliers to meet facilities fuel budget and quality specifications.
- Set up a tracking/reporting (Budget vs. Actual program)
- Issues monthly HHZ fuel plan vs. actual reports.
- Purchases the best value HHZ fuel mix and quality to compliment the overall goal of optimizing income, efficiency, and compliance in support of plant operations.
- Monitors and records proper forest tracking identification for the GHG Inventory Program.
- Ensures Offset Certification is implemented and in compliance with the Air Permits, if applicable.
- Tracks and monitors $/ton, $/BDT, and $/mmBtu
- Creates request for proposals (RFP)
- Evaluates RFP to maximize fuel quality and supply while obtaining best price
- Manages vendors in accordance with Fuel Plan
- Evaluates, assesses, and follows up on fuel quality issues directly with suppliers as necessary.
- Willingness to travel to supplier sites for contract and regulatory monitoring purposes.
- Negotiates and administers HHZ fuel supply contracts in close coordination with existing Fuel Managers that meet the fuel plan.
- Monitors HHZ fuel suppliers to confirm contractual compliance of fuel deliveries.
- Reviews and approves monthly HHZ fuel payment summaries prior to final payment being issued to fuel suppliers, processing contractors and haulers.
- Must be willing to travel at least 50% of the time.
- May be assigned direct reports as need arises
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Must be a Registered Professional Forester with experience in Federal, State and private forest management issues
- Undergraduate degree in Forestry, or Forestry Science, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Ten years of in-forest work experience.
- Proven expertise in analyzing recoveries, log quality as they relate to plant supply requirements
- Strong understanding of the logging industry and experience with securing logging contractor and negotiating rates
- Must have detailed knowledge of forest products businesses.
- Experience in monitoring and recording proper forest tracking identification for the GHG Inventory Program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Must have strong spread sheet and written communication skills
- Ability to manage inventories and balance with operational requirements
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- In depth understanding of Federal, State purchase programs (contract timber) and extensive experience in bidding on and administrating contract timber purchase programs
- Must be knowledgeable in fuel transportation logistics
- In depth knowledge of log breakdown processes, transportation, and plant operation utilization
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills to work effectively with Plant Management, Directors and SLT
- Results Driven
- Strong negotiation skills, excellent organizational skills, self starter, detail oriented, results focused, analytical in nature, and strong problem solving skills.
- Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Work as a team. Must be able to pool our knowledge and energy to work in tandem to completely understand and productively respond to all of the business challenges.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Protective equipment such as hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection and other equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties. Work with hazardous materials may be required.
- Includes working indoors and outdoors
Physical Abilities that is commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to work on feet for extensive periods, requiring stair and ladder climbing, and routinely lifting 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in elevated areas, confined spaces and in extreme heat and cold conditions.
This candidatate must reside in California but can work remotely.
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.