While the energy and utility industry continues to juggle uncertainty and risk and tries to balance changes throughout every business segment, clear pathways toward a modern energy infrastructure are emerging. DNV KEMA's 5th Annual Utility of the Future Leadership Forum explores the "Pathway to excellence."
Location: Washington, DC, DC USA
Venue: Mandarin Oriental Hotel
Event Price: 1595.00 (USD)
Contact Name: Joanie Dunn
Events In Related Topics
Is This Your Listing?
The 2012 Utility of the Future Leadership Forum features one and one-half days of discussions that discuss the challenges and innovations that utilities are putting forward to build for the future. The emerging pathways are as diverse as the companies and leaders who attend the event. Whatever pathway you are taking, the forum provides ample opportunities for networking and small group meetings to help you prepare for the next fork in the path.
Utility of the Future Leadership Forum Confirmed Speakers include:
- Bill Andrew, CEO, Delaware Electric Coop.
- Bob Balzar, VP, TVA
- Doyle Beneby, President & CEO, CPS Energy
- Tucker Carlson, Veteran journalist and political commentator, Fox News Channel
- Laura Ibsen, SVP and GM, Connected Energy Networks BU, Cisco
- Val Jensen, VP, ComEd
- Jason Mendenhall, Executive Vice President, Switch/Cloud
- Ricardo Perez Botelho, President, Energisa (Brasil)
- Dennis Sadlowski, CEO, International Battery
- Susan N. Story, President and CEO, Southern Company Services, Inc.
- Michael Yackira, President and CEO, NV Power
Utility of the Future Leadership Forum Preliminary program and discussions include:
- View from the Top I - who are successfully navigating financial, regulatory, and environmental constraints to build new infrastructure and expand sustainability initiatives share their insights.
- View from the Top II: Managing in a growth environment CEOs discuss leading changes and sustainability initiatives in regions with economic and demand growth.
- Lunch Keynote - Marty Rosenberg, Editor in Chief, Energy Biz Magazine
- Engaging Customers in Sustainability - Leading utility executives discuss how they are engaging customers to build sustainable practices through offers, programs, and new business models.
- Sustainability Power Supply - Leading regulators and energy and utility executives explore the dynamic changes affecting energy supply and policy. How will expanding environmental regulations affect the economics of renewable and other fuels? What will be the impact of a continuous shale gas boom?
- Has Fukushima permanently changed the future for nuclear power?
- Networking reception and dinner Keynote address: Tucker Carlson, journalist, overview of political outlook and energy policies of candidates.
- Innovation and the future - The transition to an intelligent and sustainable infrastructure has triggered a rush of innovation in the power and utility industry. Leading technology executives will discuss their business models, visions for the future, and the benefits that technology and innovation bring to customers and utility operations.
- Customers at the helm - A growing segment of large, innovative commercial and industrial utility customers are forging ahead of their energy suppliers with their own initiatives and programs. These customers to discuss how they are taking control of their energy to manage costs, improve reliability, and meet their own sustainability goals.
Registration will be available soon.