Free On-Demand Webinar: Transform Data into Strategic Business Value with Predictive Analytics
Utilities are accumulating a wealth of data from across their different systems. Data collected range from sophisticated sensor data through to visual inspections and manual health scoring of assets like transmission lines, poles and structure. However, unless a holistic view of the asset is taken into consideration and advanced analytics used to recognize patterns and develop actionable prognostics – the real value of the data is never recognized. A proactive Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) or Prognostics & Health Maintenance (PHM) approach to strategic asset management combines all the data about an asset. This includes inspection data, maintenance records, and operation data, as well as ancillary information such as asset characteristics, lightning impact, and more. Advanced predictive analytics can then be used to develop higher-fidelity actionable insights and prognostics to better anticipate and avoid unplanned downtime, control costs, and resource allocation.
Some of the benefits of a proactive CBM / PHM strategy include:
- Proactively monitor asset health with prognostics at the asset level – including down to the pole / tower level vs. segment or line.
- Determine environment impacts such as lightning data when determining maintenance and asset replacement strategies.
- Facilitate end-of-life planning to minimize downtime and outages.
- Compare maintenance options to determine the most cost effective solutions.
In this on-demand webinar Clockwork Solutions will review how utilities and transmission providers can implement advanced analytics for PHM, discuss best practices when evaluating PHM approaches, and dispel some of the myths that make many providers take pause.
• Marshall Smith- VP, Industry Solutions, Clockwork Solutions
• Kelly Southall- Sales Engineer, Clockwork Solutions
No discussions yet. Start a discussion below.